Saturday, October 5, 2019

Dodworth, Hood Green, Hermit Hill, Bromley, Howbrook, and Oughtibridge

I didn't realise there isn't a 07:45 bus on a Saturday and so had to wait for forty five minutes at Doncaster Interchange this morning, but after catching the 08:15 departure and then the train from Barnsley I arrived at Dodworth, three miles west of Barnsley, at 09:10.

The church at Dodworth is rather unusual with its multitude of pinnacles.



For most of the walk today I was heading south; I found my first footpath and headed off across the fields to Hood Green and then the hamlet of Hermit Hill. I'd been passing through some quite nice countryside but the mist didn't clear until I reached Hermit Hill and so I didn't bother taking any more photographs until then.


As I was walking next to a field of sunflowers I was particularly attracted to one of the seed heads - I think it looks quite artistic and I'd love to have a large print of a better, more detailed image, framed and hanging on the wall in my front room.



I took this next photograph just before I reached the busy main road just north of Bromley.



It took me several minutes to get across the road; I was focused all the time, like a sprinter on starting blocks waiting for the starting pistol to be fired. 

I had to walk down a country road for the next section of the walk to Howbrook. The only thing that was interesting there was this sign -



I finished the walk by descending through Wheata Wood and Wharncliffe Wood to Oughtibridge. A pleasant enough walk today, but nothing of particular interest to photograph or write about.


No comments:

Post a Comment