Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Humber Bridge, Beverley, and Gilberdyke Garden Centre

A day out in the East Riding with Siobhan, one of my support workers. Unfortunately it might turn out to be my last; it all depends on a re-assessment of my Social Services personalised budget and how much I'm required to pay. 

As usual when we're travelling out this way we parked on the foreshore at Hessle to eat our sandwiches and enjoy the view of the Humber Bridge and the river.


In Beverley there are paintings attached to walls and the outsides of buildings; this image seemed to be deemed appropriate for the car park.



The public toilets are free to use, which always persuades me to visit a particular town.



As well as visiting the shopping area, we went inside the art gallery and museum which is located in a part of the town that we hadn't seen before; there are several impressive redbrick buildings there.














On the way back to Doncaster we called in at the cafe at Gilberdyke Garden Centre for tea and cakes; it was nothing special, but perfectly fine. I'm sure an occasional sweet treat isn't going to ruin my health since my diagnosis of  diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment