Thursday, June 9, 2016

Doctor's Appointment

I've made an appointment to see the doctor on the 22nd to ask to be tested for Graves' Disease, a thyroid disorder. At my Social Services annual review last week the social worker said that she thought I might have the condition, and she should know what she's talking about because her sister has it.

The main symptoms are bulging eyes, excessive sweating, frequent bowel movements, diarrhoea, leg cramps and muscle spasms, shortness of breath, and difficulty with raising my arms above my head. I have all of these symptoms and so think there is a reasonable likelihood that I do indeed have Graves' Disease.

If all, or any of these symptoms are eased it will certainly help with my walking...as well as with many other aspects of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment