Thursday, October 8, 2015

Hessle, Beverley, and Howden

A day out in the East Riding.

Another day out with Siobhan, my support worker; an opportunity for photography and bargains, and Yorkshire cream teas too.

We drove to Hessle and had a short walk along the foreshore to the whiting mill, and back - plenty of opportunities to photograph the Humber Bridge.











It was a bit too chilly to eat our sandwiches outside so we ate them in the car.

It was only a few miles to drive to Beverley where I wanted to specifically look for a charity shop which sells particularly inexpensive men's clothes...and good quality items too. After a bit of confusion we found it and I ended up buying seven items of clothing for £20.40...less than £3 each. I got a Regatta fleece, a St. Andrew's Golf Club official sweater which I particularly like, another sports fleece and a windproof top, and three smart shirts.

Beverley is a pleasant market town with a minster, and an even more impressive parish church...my photographs of the churches didn't turn out too well so I haven't included them.






There are some streets, ginnels, and businesses with unusual names in Beverley; I think the barber lives in either North Cave or South Cave; two local villages.










There is also a building with paintings attached to the external walls; this painting of a naked woman caught my attention.



On the drive back to Howden we called at some tearooms at a farm shop at a pretty location at the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds. This was the view from the car park.



Our day out finished at Howden, another pretty East Riding market town. By now it had clouded over and was drizzling a bit, so the photographs have been converted to monochrome.






No comments:

Post a Comment