Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Visit to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park

A trip out with the autism group today, to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park at West Bretton: not only is it  an outdoor sculpture park, but it's also a country park too with a couple of lakes and extensive areas of woodland, so it's possible to spend most of the day walking...as I'd intended - I spent more time talking to other members of the group though.

The weather wasn't very good; very cloudy and a bit of drizzle - not very good conditions for landscape photography. This is the only decent shot of the countryside I managed.


Fortunately there were plenty of opportunities for taking close up shots of the pieces of sculpture and outdoor installations, where the miserable weather wasn't such a problem.















Many of the people on the trip, probably half of them, had never been to the sculpture park before, and were really quite impressed. Almost everyone, but definitely not me, thought that an indoor crystalline room was their favourite attraction.

This is my favourite piece of work, and has been for my last few visits.




No comments:

Post a Comment