Monday, May 1, 2023

Baslow to Hathersage

It's been a Sunday service on Hulley's buses today and so I could have travelled over the Snake Pass but I checked and the weather forecast for Bakewell was slightly better than it was for Glossop. So, I caught the first available bus going out to the Peak District, the Bakewell bus, and travelled to Baslow.










Early on in the walk at Bubnell I easily overtook a man with his three-legged dog.





I continued heading north towards Calver and then Froggatt and Grindleford, finishing the walk at Hathersage.

































As I was getting off the train back home in Doncaster I spotted an old friend I'd not seen seen for a few years. We could only chat on the platform for a few minutes because she'd got to go for her next train...but we are in touch on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment