Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Heatherdene, Thornhill, Aston, Hope, and Castleton

Another low level, and quite flat walk in the Peak District today: I'm currently struggling going downhill because of my injured knee and struggling going uphill because my thigh muscles are weak at the moment. I caught the first bus out to the Peak District and got off at Heatherdene, briefly walked along the road and then down to the bottom of the dam of Ladybower Reservoir to another  road that continues down the valley to Thornhill.  Best to get the contours done with at the start of the walk while my legs are up to it.



















I walked over to Aston and then Hope, and finally along the path across the fields to Castleton. 

















I understand why only twenty people at a time are permitted to use this footbridge over the railway line, about a dozen joggers came the other way towards me and the bridge was bouncing up and down several inches.





I arrived in Castleton with over fifty minutes to wait for the bus, so I spent some of that time in the Old Cheshire Cheese pub.










No comments:

Post a Comment