Saturday, March 4, 2023

Bradwell, Coplow Dale, Little Hucklow, Windmill, Great Hucklow, Foolow, and Eyam

I travelled on the Castleton bus to Bradwell, got off at the church and climbed up to the high level road that heads south. I then went across the fields to Coplow Dale and then Little Hucklow. 


[It's convenient that there are plenty of alternative paths in Bradwell]





Most of the shots I took in this area were with the camera pointing back in the direction I'd just come. At Coplow Dale I had to shoo away a horse that was blocking a gate; it wasn't happy and never strayed more than a few feet away from me, snorting and farting all the time.




















The pub at Little Hucklow was closed this early in the morning, as was the case with the other pubs I passed.




I continued on this path, climbing up to Windmill and then taking the path to Great Hucklow that for part of the way runs parallel to the road, only a few feet away.







It was only a short walk along the road to Grindlow and then across more fields to Foolow.













It was a lovely walk over to Eyam, only spoiled by the large number of gates and stiles on the route. I finished the walk early at Eyam; a bus was due and my thigh muscles were aching because of the large number of stiles I had to cope with.




No comments:

Post a Comment