Monday, March 27, 2023

Surprise View, Hathersage Booths, Hathersage, and Bamford

I woke up late this morning because of the clocks going forward and so had to catch a later train to Sheffield, meaning that it would also be a later bus out to the Peak District I'd be catching. However, that bus was cancelled and so I had to wait a further twenty minutes for the next one, the 272 service going to Castleton.

I got off at the Surprise View car park. I climbed up to Millstone Edge and took the path that goes along the top of the cliff. There are stunning views down the Derwent Valley and up the Hope Valley from here.































I then took the path that goes down to Hathersage Booths and walked the short distance along the road to Hathersage church.










There's a dense interlaced network of paths, tracks, and lanes to the north of Hathersage and I utilised some of these to make my way over to the bus stop at Bamford Station. I got there only a few seconds before the bus arrived.




  but only visiting the area of the village near the church. There's a network of footpaths to the north of the village which I used to walk over to the bus turnaround opposite to Bamford Station.


1 comment:

  1. (M64)Thanks for these . Brings back memories of my lifetime love of the Derbyshire countryside

    ReplyDelete