Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Chatsworth House, Robin Hood, and Bar Brook Bridge

I started my walk today at Chatsworth House and went into Stand Wood at the back of the house and looped around on the woodland trails and then through more open countryside going along the top of Dobb Edge to Robin Hood. 

































I called in to the Robin Hood pub for a pot of tea and got chatting to the barmaid as she was lighting the log fire. I've not been here before and noticed it's another Peak District pub with a canine menu...salmon and venison are available for your dog.

I took the footpath that goes along the bottom of Birchen Edge and caught the bus back to Sheffield from Bar Brook Bridge, a location that I'm convinced is really known as 'Curbar Crossroads'.




No comments:

Post a Comment