Thursday, March 23, 2023

Byland Abbey, Helmsley, and Nunnington Hall

I don't gamble, but for today I had to make an exception. This week it's free admission at any tourist attraction that has received any National Lottery funding; all that's required is production of one lottery card or scratchcard per person. So...for the first time ever I bought two scratchcards...and won my money back on one of them, so I had to get another...and then I won £5. At my third attempt I was finally unlucky and didn't win, but I'd still shown a profit of a couple of Quid. I was also lucky in that I'd had to book the day out a couple of weeks ago, before I'd found out about this offer.

I went in the car with my support worker; en route to Helmsley we made a brief stop at Byland Abbey. It's free admission in to the substantial ruins there but I stayed on the road to take photos because it was rather muddy.




It rained more than I was expecting and so didn't take very many pictures at Helmsley. There are some lovely independent shops there though to go in; we had a meal in the Royal Oak pub...the lasagne was probably the best I've ever had.













Nunnington Hall is a few miles southwest of Helmsley; the hall wasn't particularly interesting.







No comments:

Post a Comment