Saturday, September 28, 2024

Foolow, Grindlow, Great Hucklow, Bradwell, Pindale, and Castleton

Today I caught the number 257b bus to Foolow to start my walk. As I was walking along the short stretch of road to reach the footpath that goes across the fields to Grindlow several dozen cyclists passed me - they must have been part of an organised race or tour. I saw many more going through Great Hucklow and along the road that leads to Bradwell...when I arrived at Castleton there were a lot of fellrunners, some of them eagerly running and the rest just hanging around the village.





 












I continued through Grindlow and along the road to Great Hucklow and down the track to the road that goes to Bradwell.











I soon took a left fork in the road and stayed on the narrow lane that goes high up to the west of the main areas of Bradwell. 

My route to Pindale took me right next to the cement works, which are well hidden.














At Castleton I missed the bus going back to Sheffield by three minutes...they are usually late. I consoled myself with an ice cream though.

No comments:

Post a Comment