Saturday, October 5, 2024

Fox House to Curbar Crossroads

A real test for my knees today; up on the moors but staying to a well-defined and quite easygoing footpath. I travelled to Fox House and headed south along Froggatt Edge to the bus stop at Curbar Crossroads.




Early on though, as I was walking through the Longshaw Estate my right knee started to hurt and so I had to strap it up, the first time I've needed to do this in many months.










A few minutes later I heard a stag bellowing, it was only a few yards away and was very loud. Despite being relatively near the zoom on my camera was insufficient to capture any close up images.




The Grouse Inn is situated on a short stretch of road I needed to walk down.



















I briefly studied my map at Curbar Gap and decided that it would be an easier walk to the bus stop at Curbar Croosroads via the Wellington Monument rather than going down to Baslow Nether End.










No comments:

Post a Comment