Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Whirlow Bridge, Ringinglow, and Endcliffe Park

I travelled to Whirlow Bridge on the Castleton bus today and walked right up to the boundary of the Peak District at Ringinglow. I returned towards the city centre by descending Porter Clough; the top part, the first few hundred yards is quite steep in places and so I used the roads to join the route a bit lower down. There were plenty of buses at the walk's end, at the main entrance to Endcliffe Park on Ecclesall Road.



















The view from the toposcope on Fulwood Road was rather misty and murky. I could clearly see Sheffield City Centre though, and a few miles beyond.






 















I bought an ice cream from Forge Dam Cafe at Fulwood, £3 for two scoops of chocolate brownie flavour.

When I was getting off the train back at Doncaster Railway Station I bumped into my friend, he'd been sitting two or three seats in front of me but I didn't know - we chatted for a few minutes on the platform before going our separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment