Saturday, September 21, 2024

Stoney Middleton, Calver, Bubnell, and Baslow

I had planned to start my walk from Eyam today but the bus didn't go there, the bus driver told me that the road would be closed until one o'clock. So, instead, I got off at Stoney Middleton and went to the new Cupola visitor centre and cafe for a pot of tea. 











I thought this biscuit I was served with my tea was a small wooden teaspoon.




I then walked over to the Derwent Valley Heritage Way to a point south of Froggatt. I stayed on this footpath, going on the right bank of the River Derwent to Baslow and caught the bus back to Sheffield from Baslow Nether End.









There aren't many photographs today because the conditions were poor, things brightened up though as soon as I'd sat down on the bus, starting my journey back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment