Friday, September 4, 2020

Old Edlington, Clifton, Ravenfield, Firsby, and Conisbrough Hill Top

I caught the bus to Old Edlington and walked up the hill along the road to the complicated double roundabout layout at Five Lane Ends






I turned right, heading towards Conisbrough, and a few minutes later turned left onto my first footpath of the day, leading across to Clifton. I walked through the village and took the path that goes along the ridge near to the top of Beacon Hill before descending, using the path that goes right alongside the motorway.

















I headed west and then south, past Birk Lodge until I reached a road. I needed to walk on the grass verge for a hundred yards until a path that goes across Ravenfield Common to Ravenfield. As I was walking across the field on the approach to Ravenfield a police helicopter kept circling quite low above me and swooped even lower a couple of times - I suppose it added a bit of interest to the walk.












After photographing the church I continued across the field and along the narrow lane and went down into Ravenfield Park and did a circuit of the ponds, about half a mile I should think.













I continued going north, first to the hamlet of Firsby, and then to Conisbrough Hill Top on the main road, from where I caught one of the regular buses back home.







1 comment:

  1. Hello! I really enjoyed seeing the beautiful countryside and architecture! And you write very well and are an excellent photographer! I love nature, walking, writing/editing, and photography too ๐Ÿ˜Š Do you have family? I am married (again๐Ÿ™„) and have living brothers and my father is 80. Unfortunately very little family support gets me really discouraged and feeling lonely, and it was very hard to lose my work in the medical field. I am kind of a natural nurturer, despite the autism challenges. I replied to you on twitter if you want to pm me there. Annie

    ReplyDelete