Saturday, September 12, 2020

Braithwell, Maltby, Roche Abbey, Stone, Firbeck, and Langold

I travelled to Braithwell and walked over to the church and took some photographs.



 




I then retraced my steps through the village and headed out to the east along the road that leads to the quarry. I took the footpath on the right going south at the side of a field and then through a wood until I reached the houses at Maltby. I walked along the High Street, passed through the shopping area and arrived at the church; it's a difficult church to photograph - it's hard to get the angles.











I followed the footpath that goes through the wood on the hillside above Maltby Beck for a mile and a half to Roche Abbey.

















There's a lovely little grassy valley that leads from the abbey to the village of Stone, I kept stopping and turning around to admire the view of the ruins as I got further away from them.


There are some lovely limestone buildings in Stone.











The walk across the fields to Firbeck was quite boring, apart from the memorial to RAF Firbeck.



Firbeck is quite a pretty village and the church there is rather unusual.










There's some tumbling topiary in this photograph.




The topiary in the next photograph is neater and more upstanding.




I continued through the village and then climbed up the lane, crossed the road and took the footpath that goes across the fields to Langold.






No comments:

Post a Comment