Monday, April 20, 2020

Venturing A Bit Further Afield

I decided to go a bit further for my local exercise walk this morning, all the way to the Amazon.... the Amazon Distribution Centre, about three miles from my home.

I headed out past the Lakeside area and caught a spectacular sunrise over the water.







Just beyond the Lakeside area I took a path which leads to some quite open countryside, mainly meadows and woodland; I call these flowers that I photographed whitebells, but I've also heard them called 'white bluebells'...there were a lot of them. 



I crossed over two railway lines and under a motorway and a dual carriageway until I reached the furthest point of my walk. I was hoping to find I way back to Lakeside without going back the way I'd just come but ended up taking two dead-end footpaths and so abandoned that idea. I didn't have a map, I don't have an up-to-date map of my local area and didn't print out an online copy yesterday.










I returned to Lakeside and completed my circuit of the lake and arrived home at 9:30, quite a bit later than planned, meaning that I missed my daily Facebook group chat with my family and friends. We schedule it at this time so that it's convenient for my sister who lives in Australia.



My thigh muscles are aching a bit, so I'm assuming I'm not as fit as I was before lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment