Saturday, June 3, 2023

Clumber Park

I visited Clumber Park today, doing a bit of exploring and a circuit of the lake. I caught the Sherwood Arrow bus from Worksop and got off at Piper Lane Lodge and walked down the bridleway to the hamlet of Carburton.

The church there is dilapidated and closed to the public.

















I then walked the short distance along the road to Clumber Park.














































Hardwick Village, the estate village, is located at the eastern end of the lake. I sat and enjoyed a glass of Diet Coke at the volunteer-run pub; the landlord was telling me about the history of the village...and his adorable dog which is some unusual Madagascan breed.

























I finished the walk at Carburton Crossroads, from where I caught the bus back to Worksop; I had time though to pop in to the Old Schoolhouse Tearooms for a lemon cream tea, a fruit scone served with clotted cream and lemon curd.

No comments:

Post a Comment