Saturday, June 17, 2023

Castleton, Edale End, and Hope

I travelled to Castleton and walked via Losehill Hall and Losehill Farm to Edale End.





 






















I then turned back, going south, taking a path that goes along the bank of the River Noe. For the final couple of miles I chose to use the road today to get to Hope since I didn't want to get my boots and trousers muddy.

I'd just missed the bus when I reached the village so I visited the local farm shop and then went to the pub. The next bus was due in fifty minutes time, it was late, I then got kicked off because the driver decided he didn't want to complete the journey...next I had to get a bus going in the wrong direction which was late, breaking my journey for a pee back at Hope and finally catching a bus back to Sheffield that was also late and further delayed as it approached the City Centre.

A frustrating day on public transport and the weather was very disappointing; I was expecting sunshine and I got cloudy conditions followed by rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment