Monday, August 10, 2020

Tickhill, Stancil, Wellingley, and iPort Lakes

There were four buses in a queue approaching the bus stop this morning and I wanted the third one. I couldn't manage to let the driver know that it was his bus I wanted, and so he just drove by without stopping. A few minutes later the Worksop bus arrived and so I got on that and travelled to Tickhill. I got off at the first stop there and made my way through the housing estate to the footpath that goes to Stancil, a hamlet that I visited for the first time today.




I doubt there was much to see at Stancil but I couldn't explore because the entire hamlet was a building site and blocked off with barriers. The footpath going over to Rossington which I wanted to use was also blocked, so I had to walk down the road to Wellingley instead.


No matter in which direction the nozzle was pointing I was still going to get wet as I passed here.



Most people would call this a portaloo.



Apart from a nice house which I couldn't photograph because the owners were sitting out in their garden, there was nothing to take pictures of at Wellingley. From here my route home was almost the same as Friday's walk, with one exception - because of the low water level I was able to ford a channel at the entrance to iPort Lakes - the water was only three inches deep and it was gravel underfoot.





I was hoping I'd be able to get some refreshments at Annabell's outdoor cafe, but it was closed.


Unfortunately, due to a couple of setbacks today's walk was the same route as Friday's walk for more than half the length and not as enjoyable as I was hoping it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment