Saturday, August 15, 2020

Austerfield, Finningley, Blaxton, and Auckley...and then home

I caught the bus and travelled down the Great North Road to High Field Lane, about a mile north of Bawtry. There's a footpath nearby that goes to Austerfield; I started off going through a wood and then along the edge of a pasture - a very pleasant walk...much better than walking along the road from Bawtry.


I photographed the small, but pretty church at austerfield. The village is now part of Doncaster, but it used to be in Nottinghamshire.











I then found the path that took me to the north past the golf club and then through Crow Wood to Finningley. Since the last time I was walking here the footpath has been permanently diverted away from the clubhouse. 


The footpath goes right next to a motocross circuit - there was a competition today.



I obviously took some photographs of the church at Finningley before I walked along the road to Blaxton and then Auckley.















I took the path that crosses Twelve Months Carr and goes through Hayfield Lakes anglers' resort and then returned home going through housing estates and the Lakeside area. I didn't know what the name of the lane was I needed to walk down at Auckley; I knew it wasn't 'Bellend Lane' - but it was something similar.






No comments:

Post a Comment