Friday, August 18, 2017

Another Visit To Hull

I need to book my days out with Siobhan a couple of weeks in advance and so I'm always taking a chance with the weather. Today it was sunshine and showers, so I needed to go somewhere with plenty of indoor attractions - and Hull was my choice. The city has four free museums and the wonderful Ferens Art Gallery, and it's the UK City of Culture 2017.

As usual we stopped en route at a pretty village to eat our sandwiches; today it was Welton.





























We spent most of our time at Hull exploring the Marina, the Waterside and the Old Town areas. We popped into the Streetlife Museum during a particularly heavy shower and visited the art gallery on our way back to the car park.

On the way home we called at the cafe at the California Gardens Garden Centre at Howden for tea and  scones.

























No comments:

Post a Comment