Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dore Moor, Long Line, Ringinglow and Fox House.

I didn't get much sleep last night due to the hot and sticky weather, and so had to curtail today's walk - I still managed five miles though.

Unusually, the walk began outside the boundaries of the Peak District. Dore Moor is about three miles east of Fox House and probably a bit over a mile from the official boundary stone on Hathersage Road. Being much nearer to the city centre there are a lot more buses serving this stop..

The path went to the north across fields but became quite difficult to follow as it passed by a farm; I had to get my binoculars out to look for a sign or stile up ahead.

I then walked through some woodland which I hoped would take me towards Ringinglow. However the path I took looped round and I ended up at Long Line, a linear settlement consisting of expensive detached houses.

I then walked along the road in the direction of Ringinglow, but before reaching the village turned left onto the track that leads to Houndkirk Moor; by this time I was in the Peak District, but I hadn't noticed a sign.

It was then a straightforward walk across the moor to Fox House.

No comments:

Post a Comment