Friday, July 19, 2024

Castleton, Hope, Aston, Thornhill, and Bamford

An easy, low level walk along the Hope Valley from Castleton to Bamford today using footpaths and country lanes, generally staying to the north of the main road. I've not been to Castleton for over a year and so I spent nearly an hour exploring and taking photographs.













































My plan was to bypass Hope to the north but I was needing a pot of tea and so called in to the Grasshopper CafĂ© in the village. I then walked through the village and along the road for a few hundred yards until I picked up a footpath leading in the direction I was going. 

I didn't take my map out of my rucksack because I know the area well, but I managed to go the wrong way when I wasn't concentrating and ended up in the small village of Aston.




I walked down the narrow country lane to Thornhill and then the footpath to the main road. I finished the walk just around the corner at the bus turnaround opposite the railway station. The bus was on time but there were problems at Sheffield Railway Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment