Saturday, June 8, 2024

Marr, High Melton, and Butterbusk

The local weather forecast was significantly better than for the Peak District but it still ended up being cold, damp, windy, and miserable for most of the time.

I caught the X19 Barnsley bus to Marr and took the footpath that goes through Melton Wood to High Melton. I then walked down across the fields to Denaby Ings Nature Reserve; I considered doing a circuit of the reserve but it looked overgrown and I didn't fancy getting my clothing wet. I then crossed over the bridge to join the TransPennine Trail and finished the walk at Butterbusk, to the east of Conisbrough.































Two buses passed going to Doncaster as I struggled to cross the busy road at Butterbusk; I only had to wait ten minutes for the next one though.

No comments:

Post a Comment