Sunday, June 2, 2024

Baslow, Chatsworth Park, Calton Lees, and Edensor.

My first walk in the Peak District for nearly ten months since I injured my legs, a nice flat easy walk in Chatsworth Park. I travelled on the Bakewell bus to Baslow Nether End and explored Chatsworth Park, Calton Lees and the village of Edensor.



































I managed to capture the open-topped tourist bus as it went over the bridge, this service has been newly introduced as a trial for the summer.











When I reached Calton Lees I was hoping to sit down on a seat, I was convinced I'd remembered there being one, but I was mistaken and so I sat on a small area of grass and relaxed and rested for a few minutes.


Edensor is a stunningly beautiful village; I noticed the posters and banners advertising the village Open Gardens and gala on June 15th - I'm planning to go this year if the weather's nice.







































I had originally intended to return to Baslow to finish the walk and treat myself to some ice cream but my legs were starting to ache, not hurt though, so I decided to call it a day and caught the bus back to Sheffield from Edensor.

No comments:

Post a Comment