Saturday, June 22, 2024

Edensor, Beeley in Bloom [Open Gardens] and Rowsley

My first visit to an Open Gardens event this summer. I got off the bus at Edensor, which had its Open Gardens last weekend, but I didn't attend because of the unpleasant weather. I spent a few minutes taking photographs in the village, it was still quite chilly this early in the morning and so I went to the Tea Cottage for a pot of tea to warm me up.  I then headed south through Chatsworth Park to Beeley.

After spending not much more than an hour enjoying what was happening at Beeley my left knee gave way as I was looking around the gardens; nothing too serious I hope. It was too early for cake at Edensor, but not by the time I reached the commuinty hall at Beeley. I then set off for Rowsley but I was struggling a bit. At one point along the way I could have gone down to the riverside path, but I decided to stay on the causeway.,

The bus going to Bakewell arrived on time, but two buses going from Bakewell to Sheffield didn't show up, and after waiting for over an hour two of them arrived, literally one behind the other.






























No comments:

Post a Comment