Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Hope Station, Aston, Win Hill, Thornhill, and Bamford

I caught the bus to Hope Station today and took the footpath that gently climbs up to Aston. It was then a much steeper climb up to the summit of Win Hill; the visibility at the top was surprisingly good despite the drizzle and the mist...and I had the summit entirely to myself this morning.



































I took an easy grassy path back down to Aston and then walked along the road or walked along the path that goes right next to the road behind a hedge to Thornhill. I briefly joined the Thornhill Trail and then took a path across a meadow to Hope Valley Garden Centre where I had a pot of tea inside the Wild Kettle Cafe.






It wasn't far to the bus turnaround at Bamford Station where I caught a bus back to Sheffield. The time I spent waiting was spoiled by a mentally ill man shouting 'Fuck off' at everyone and trying to kick every passing car.



No comments:

Post a Comment