Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Scaftworth, Harwell, Everton, Mattersey, and Ranskill

I travelled to Scaftworth, the first village beyond Bawtry on the way to Gainsborough and took the bridleway that skirts to the north of Barrow Hills and goes to Harwell. 









I continued down the narrow country road to Everton.

















There were a couple of short sections of footpath on my route south to Mattersey that I'd not used before. In an area of more open countryside I saw several of these flowers, they're quite large. I've seen a lot of them this summer, they really are quite distinctive...I can't remember noticing them in previous years though.




The approach to Mattersey, passing over the River Idle is lovely.
















I've not visited the ruins of the priory yet because they're a mile away from the village down a dead-end footpath.


The route across the fields to Ranskill was a bit boring but I arrived there just in time to catch my bus back to Doncaster. 




 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment