Monday, May 18, 2020

Cusworth Hall, Sprotbrough, Warmsworth, and Balby

Another doorstep walk today because I'm not able to manage anything else at the moment.

I walked into the town centre, which was almost deserted apart from people queueing outside banks or scuttling between the half dozen or so food shops that are allowed to be open. 







I continued over North Bridge and headed towards Cusworth Hall Country Park by the quickest route. I did a circuit of the park and then headed across the fields to Sprotbrough, passing by the church in the village on my way down to the Don Gorge.









I took the path which goes up through the woods to the wildflower meadow and then came down to the TransPennine Trail which goes along the riverbank. The path goes up to the top of Conisbrough Viaduct, which I walked along and then climbed up to the main Sheffield road near to the water tower.















A few hundred yards nearer to Warmsworth I went along a path which passes near to some derelict farm buildings and later on skirts around the perimeter fence of the Dolomite quarry and comes out onto the main road right on the edge of Warmsworth - I made my way back home from there, taking about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment