Wednesday, December 18, 2019

My Review of the Year 2019

It's been a pretty good year for me in terms of walking and my days out...and my health.

Healthwise, my only problems have been a bout of the flu which provoked my acid reflux oesaphagitis cough for a couple of weeks , and recently I had my ears syringed for the first time. I'm getting more enjoyment from walking now that I'm able to hear things much better.

A couple of my friends have been good to me this year; Damo, from Leeds, got me a voucher for a free trip on National Express which I used to go to Lichfield for the day, and Justin, my friend who lives locally, paid for the two of us to go to Blackpool on the train.

My annual allocation of a hundred hours for trips out with my support worker was renewed again. I used it to go to various open gardens events, to Beverley and Hull, to a couple of agricultural shows, to Beningbrough Hall near York, Lincoln Christmas Market, to the tulip festival at Pocklington, and to the antiques centre at Hemswell near Gainsborough when it was a rainy day.

I bought a couple of pairs of secondhand walking boots from charity shops and  managed to extend the areas I can reach to go walking. I was walking in Staffordshire for the first time this year.

My definite highlight for the year was my walk which took me to Longnor in Staffordshire, visiting Upper Dovedale and passing close to Chrome Hill and Parkhouse Hill - I didn't have time to climb them though.




No comments:

Post a Comment