Sunday, October 20, 2019

Foolow, Grindlow, and Hathersage

When I heard some of the other passengers on the bus talking about the cake village at Eyam this morning, a model of the village made of cake, I briefly considered getting off there and having a look, but I decided to stay on the bus to my original destination of Foolow. I like cake...but not that much.





I walked across the fields to Grindlow and then up on to Abney Moor, passing the glider club and an old pumping house.









It took me few seconds to get past this obstruction placed in front of the stile.



I continued across Offerton Moor and then down to the footpath which goes alongside the River Derwent.






At just after one o'clock it started to rain and so I hurried to the bus stop at Hathersage.






No comments:

Post a Comment