Sunday, January 20, 2019

Today's Walk Cancelled

I've just returned from the railway station; there are no trains running to Sheffield today, they're only going as far as Mexborough. The station was deserted so I couldn't ask anyone what plans have made for getting people to Sheffield, whether a direct coach service going down the motorway would be provided.

I didn't fancy taking the bus; it takes over an hour and a half, and so by the time I would have reached Sheffield many of the buses going to the Peak District would have already departed.

I shall try again tomorrow; with it being a weekday the trains should be running...and the weather forecast is decent. I will probably have to plan a different walk though because the bus timetables are significantly different on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment