Tuesday, January 1, 2019

824 Miles

I covered 824 miles on my walks in 2018; I'd hoped to reach a thousand though. A year ago I made a New Year's Resolution to do a thousand miles and joined a couple of Facebook groups of people who were planning to do the same. Most of the members of these groups did seem to be successful...but they all had mobile phone apps which recorded every step they took, not just when on their walks.

I know I did well in excess of a thousand  miles in total when taking into account all the walking I did; walking to and from the railway station, the bus station, or the relevant bus stop at the beginning and end of my walks...going to the shops and walking round the town pretty much  every day I didn't go on a walk...and even just walking about my house - for example, it's over thirty steps to climb up and down to visit the toilet. 

I shall have another attempt this year at reaching a thousand miles...but I'll be happy to just beat last year's total.

Wish me good luck!

1 comment: