Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Rivelin to Whirlow Bridge

I travelled to Rivelin, right on the boundary of the Peak District National Park, and headed south up Lodge Lane to the path that leads to the car park for Wyming Brook Nature Reserve. Surprisingly there was a lot of traffic using the steep, narrow, winding lane; maybe there's a local road closure and people are using it as a diversionary route.










I continued going south, sometimes across the moors and at other times having to use the road until I reached Ringinglow Road. I briefly strayed into Derbyshire by not sticking to the exact route across the moors.

























Because of my minor navigation error I was able to pick up a path going over to the Ox Stones.








I walked alongside the edge of Lady Canning's Plantation and then turned down into the Limb Valley  and finished the walk at Whirlow Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment