Saturday, June 25, 2022

Worksop, Chesterfield Canal, Lindrick Golf Club, Woodsetts, Wallingwells, and Carlton in Lindrick

I'd planned a walk starting from Tuxford today visiting some areas to the south of Retford I'd not been to before, but the Retford bus didn't show up. When the Worksop bus turned up ten minutes later I got on that instead and started my alternative walk by heading to the west on the towpath of the Chesterfield Canal.  A friend, called John, was on this bus and so we spent an hour chatting about non-league football and our favourite local towns: he was travelling to Blyth to take some photographs of the village and visit the pubs.














I left the canal at Cinderhill Lock and took the footpath that heads north to Lindrick Golf Course; there are a couple of pretty houses on the way at Brancliffe Grange.

























I briefly entered Woodsetts and then headed across the fields to the hamlet of Wallingwells and then caught the bus back to Doncaster at the first bus stop in Carlton in Lindrick. My original intention was to go a bit further to Langold but for the first time this summer my hay fever was bad and so I bailed out at the earliest opportunity. 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment