Sunday, November 21, 2021

Hathersage, Bamford, Shatton, and Offerton

I got off the bus in the centre of Hathersage and walked to the western edge of the village to take a path heading north for just over a mile. I then turned to the left and walked down Hurstclough Lane, an ancient sunken lane.














I took the footpath that cuts across Sickleholme Golf Course, and then the road going down to Bamford Station. I crossed the main Hope Valley trunk road and continued up the lane towards Shatton, but only briefly entered the village. 







The route to the hamlet of Offerton was gently uphill along a broad track and then I passed through a variety of terrain to reach Leadmill Bridge and the path across the field back to Hathersage. Part of the route beyond Offerton is a narrow metalled road and along there two separate Landrover safaris passed me - they would have had some difficult driving ahead of them though.







I was only tortured by the smell of fish and chips for ten minutes as I waited for my bus in the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment