Sunday, February 28, 2021

Rossington Hall and the National Horseracing College

I went walking to Rossington Hall and the nearby countryside today. To get there I went via the Lakeside area as usual.




About a mile further on there's some nice countryside right next to the houses at Bessacarr.




I now use a much shorter route to reach Rossington, it's not shown as a footpath but there's definitely not a problem going this way.




I reached the stretch of the Doncaster Greenway and over to the right noticed another one of the railway themed metallic benches. There's a path going over to it but it leads to a dead-end - it's cut off by the East Coast Main Line railway line. Next to the bench there's a very good carving of a man's face in a tree trunk.






I arrived at Rossington Church and sat on one of the benches opposite to eat my sandwiches.










I continued heading south towards Rossington Hall.






Right next to Rossington Hall is the National Horseracing College; as I was passing by the fire alarm went off and people were mustering outside.




On my way back home I noticed this sign - I didn't even know we had any fens in Doncaster.




No comments:

Post a Comment