Sunday, February 7, 2021

Flooding At Sprotbrough

Because of the recent heavy rainfall I planned to walk to the waterfall in the Don Gorge that's near Conisbrough Viaduct; I didn't get that far though because of the flooding and the weather turning quite unpleasant.

As I passed through the park at Hexthorpe I noticed the The Dell area was still cordoned off because of flood water.


A few minutes later this was the first area of flooding I reached as I walked on the riverside footpath, I was able to get by by using a higher path.


 

I didn't even attempt the second flooded section, I had to turn back and walk through the housing estates at Hexthorpe and then Warmsworth until I reached the path that goes down to the river near the cemetery at Warmsworth.




As I approached Sprotbrough it started to snow and so I decided to not go any further, instead I returned to Doncaster, staying well away from the river...although I doubt there'd be any problems with flooding on the other bank.



 













No comments:

Post a Comment