Monday, December 14, 2020

Ranskill, Daneshill Lakes, Idle Valley Nature Reserve, Chesterfield Canal, and Barnby Moor

I travelled to Ranskill today, three miles south of Bawtry on the Great North Road.  There's not anything interesting to see there and so I immediately walked down the road towards Daneshill Lakes Nature Reserve  before taking the path across the fields to Sutton-cum-Lound.



























I left the village and headed to the east, and then south along a path which led to Idle Valley Country Park.

[I can't decide which composition I prefer - each one is telling a different story.]







This sign is not in Derbyshire...it's in Nottinghamshire.



I don't think I took the quickest way through a short section of Idle Valley Country Park, but along the route I was able to take a few photographs.








I walked down the road to the Chesterfield Canal and walked along the towpath for a mile and a half.










I spotted that there was a permissive footpath going through Barnby Fox Covert. The path looped back and returned to the canal, just a few yards further along the towpath. At one point, if I'd chosen to I think there was a quicker route going to Barnby Moor, where I finished the walk. As it was though I arrived at the bus stop and had less than a minute to wait.








  










1 comment:

  1. Well that looked a nice walk. It amazes me how the Gorse never seems to stop flowering.

    ReplyDelete