Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Hickleton, Harlington, and Butterbusk

Even though I went walking yesterday, because it's been such nice weather again today I didn't want to waste the opportunity to get out again. I travelled on the Barnsley bus to Hickleton and spent a few minutes taking photographs before walking down the road towards Barnburgh; I always get a move on going down that road, it's a sunken lane with no grass verge in places.



























I took the second path I reached, the one that goes along the bottom of Barnburgh Cliff'; I noticed there'd been quite a bit of excavation work in places at the foot of the cliff...I don't know why.





















When I reached Hangman Stone Road I turned right, went down the hill a bit and then turned right again, taking a path that leads down to the Crown Inn at Harlington. On a lovely sunny day a couple of weeks before Christmas it would normally be busy, but not today - it was closed because of the tier 3 restrictions imposed by the government.


















I continued down to the bridge over the River Dearne and then joined the TransPennine Trail just beyond Denaby Ings Nature Reserve.


Towards the end of the walk I crossed Conisbrough Viaduct and finished on the main road at the bus stop near to the watertower, at Butterbusk.



















1 comment:

  1. That looks like a nice walk. It looks like you enjoyed some nice weather and good views.

    ReplyDelete