Saturday, July 11, 2020

Lakeside, iPort Lakes, Wadworth, and Wadworth Wood

I visited quite a few lakes or ponds today, by my count the number was nine. I started by walking to the Lakeside area and climbing to the top of the spoil mounds and then going to the settling ponds over to the west.



















There are six separate lakes at iPort Lakes. As a few days previously I took the track which goes next to the railway line but today I turned off to the right after about a mile and took the footpath which leads to Daw Lane. Daw Lane comes out onto Carr Lane just before the bridge over the motorway on the approach to Wadworth.

I walked through the village, not bothering to photograph anything apart from the welcome sign as I left since I've been there several times recently. I headed out to the west along Short Gate, a track the leads into Wadworth Wood.




I needed to make sure I found the underpass for the motorway and then continued along the edge of the wood to the Stump Cross area. The fragrance coming from the piles of lumber here was very strong, but pleasant.



I then walked along Springwell Lane to the edge of Balby, and then went on the old railway embankment going towards the industrial areas nearer to home. Just before I reached Balby the driver of a passing van made a crude and abusive gesture. Some people can decide within a fraction of a second that they don't want me in their world, but at least during lockdown I didn't get any of this abuse.


No comments:

Post a Comment