Sunday, February 24, 2019

From Fairholmes to Castleton

The automatic doors at Doncaster Railway Station weren't opening properly this morning and I slammed my shoulder hard into one of them; I wasn't looking ahead of me but rather concentrating on a group of drug addicts loitering near the entrance.

I travelled all the way up the Derwent Valley on the bus to Fairholmes and climbed up through the woods to the Lockerbrook area, enjoying a chat with a fellow walker from Leicestershire as we continued to where our paths diverged just before Hagg Farm...he was visiting Alport Castles. 



I then continued alone down to the Snake Pass road and then climbed up the other side of the valley to Hope Cross.







I didn't go all the way to Hope village, I turned right and went uphill just before reaching Townend Bridge, and then made my way to Castleton via Losehill Farm, a route I've not used before.

















A shorter walk than I would have liked today, but I needed to be back home for 4:30. A lovely warm sunny day though, but no so good for taking photos because of the haze.


Today's route:


No comments:

Post a Comment