Friday, May 9, 2014

Some Good News For Me

I've just been sent an email with a link to a newspaper webpage reporting that the enhancements to the ENCTS pass in South Yorkshire for disabled people will be re-established; pensioners will have to pay half fare though.

This is certainly good news for me since being able to travel for free on the train means that I'll be able to get out walking in the Peak District again; travelling on the bus to Sheffield just wasn't viable.

I'll also be able to start booking theatre tickets for performances in Sheffield, Wakefield, and Leeds again...I have a budget from Social Services for this, but it doesn't cover the cost of any travel.

2 comments:

  1. That's great news, I'm so pleased - I've been hoping they would reverse this decision since you first mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent News! I am really pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete