Thursday, September 13, 2012

More Walking Opportunities.

I was surfing the net yesterday and ended up finding out about a new bus route to me, which I can use to reach the Peak District; service 51 to Lodge Moor.

I haven't been aware of its existence before because it departs from Arundel Gate and not the bus station - and it's not included in the timetable booklet featuring services running into the Peak District - it actually stops short of the Peak District boundary by about a mile...so this is probably the reason why.

If I'd realised earlier that not all buses serving the City Centre use the bus station, and actually knew where Lodge Moor is, I would have already been using this service; especially since its operating frequency is every ten minutes on weekdays - there have been many occasions when I have been hanging about for long periods of time at the interchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment