Saturday, July 25, 2026

A Circular Walk From Woodseats

I'm still recovering from a virus I had earlier in the week and I didn't want to be stuck in the middle of the Peak District and feeling a bit unconfortable or even unwell and so I limited myself to the periphery of Sheffield for my walk today, always being quite close to a bus stop, or even tram stop. I caught the Matlock bus to Woodseats and made my way into Graves Park; the entrance I used is literally just across the road from the shops. It's a large park and I did a bit of exploring before exiting at Norton church before making my way over to Bochum Parkway.




















There was a long queue at the Rose Garden Cafe, so I didn't bother...and I didn't take any photgraphs because of the scaffolding.












I had to be careful in finding the only path that actually crosses the busy dual carriageway over into Derbyshire. I did a short walk of a couple of miles in this area of quite pleasant countryside before returning to the built up area planning to catch the tram to the railway station at Herdings Park or somewhere along the route. I got lost in one of the housing estates and ended up walking all the way back to Woodseats, just a few hundred yards from where I'd started.







No comments:

Post a Comment