Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Baslow, Longshaw Estate, Fox House, and Totley

I travelled to Baslow today; the Bakewell bus was the first service leaving for the Peak District when I arrived at Sheffield Interchange. I got off at Nether End and walked up the hill to reach the moors. I headed north along Baslow Edge, and then, Froggatt Edge, and Curbar Edge.










































To the south of Longshaw Estate I found a path I'd not used before, it was quite overgrown with bracken though. It cut across Access Land and so wasn't shown on the map.








The new cafe, outdoor seating area and toilets at Longshaw are very nice; the area was quite busy and so I didn't take any photographs. The views were still available though.




There was over an hour to wait for the bus at Fox House and so I continued with the walk, going down through the woods at the Blacka Moor Nature Reserve and caught the bus on the main road at Totley. It started raining just before three o'clock when I was on the bus travelling to Sheffield city centre - the forecast was for the rain to start anytime after one o'clock.


No comments:

Post a Comment