Monday, November 4, 2019

Seeing How Far I Could Manage

I've not been very well for the last few days, a chest infection that then spread into my muscles. I ached all over and felt much worse than I would after completing a long walk. I was finally feeling better this morning and so went for a local walk, going up the River Don to Conisbrough, or as far as I could manage.

I walked into town and then climbed down the steps to reach the footpath at the side of the lock; the path was blocked though and so I had to continue going westwards for a few hundred yards before I could pick up the alternative route.



This is the reason why the other footpath was closed -



A lot of cats live at Newton - I saw three of them today.







Just beyond Newton I took a footpath I don't normally use, passing over the footbridge over the avoiding line, which is still used by trains, and then walking along the abandoned railway line.





I ate my sandwiches sitting on one of the benches down by the river near the Boat Inn at Sprotbrough.





I crossed over the road bridge and walked on the other bank of the river. 

These information signs weren't there the last time I was here.





There are several tunnels to explore if you want to.





I crossed over Conisbrough Viaduct and made my way down to the railway station; a train was due and so I caught it back to Doncaster. By now I'd had enough; I'd walked about five miles but my neck was stiff and sore and I had the beginnings of a headache coming on.




No comments:

Post a Comment