Friday, April 27, 2018

Whitley, High Eggborough, Hensall, and Eggborough Power Station

Today I got off to a false start; I had planned to do a local walk from Whitley to Snaith, crossing over into East Yorkshire for the first time on a walk, but the footpath from Whitley to Great Heck at the start of my route has been closed for major construction work. Despite one of the contractors explaining where the footpath diversion was I still got lost - my way was constantly blocked by ten foot deep and ten foot wide drainage ditches. After walking for probably over two miles I returned to Whitley, walked through the village and took another path down to the canal at Whitley Lock.

Navigating is so much easier in the Peak District...and on the canal as well of course.






It was a nice walk over the fields to High Eggborough but then I had to use the road to reach Hensall, and then continued along the road again to Eggborough Power station where I belatedly ate my sandwiches in the bus shelter on the main road.


















I had forty minutes to wait for the bus back to Doncaster; I'd had enough, although the rain was light, it never stopped.

More was to come though; the bus that I caught was the service that picks up the children at Campsmount School...it was only a single-decker and so was packed to the rafters with noisy brats of various sizes shouting, arguing, throwing things at each other and constantly ringing the bell. How on Earth I didn't violently murder one of them has yet to be explained by the laws of physics.

No comments:

Post a Comment